Florida Nihonto Show for 2021?

Does anyone have any information as to Florida Token-Kai, Shinsa, or Nihonto shows for 2021? 

Just trying to plan my 2021 travel. I'm located in South Carolina, so ANY shows in Florida, Georgia, North or South Carolina are of interest. I may be going to the Ohio Valley Military Society Show of Shows in Louisville, KY. Feb 17-21. I haven't been there in 6 years, but it is a huge show of military antiques, with plenty of Nihonto to be found. On the same weekend, in an adjoining convention center, is the National Gun Day. I have found quite a few nihonto there amongst the guns.

Thanks to all in advance!

I had talked to Bill a month or so back. at that time he was planning a show in Tampa the last weekend in february. I have not heard anything final so not sure.  Things are challenging.  I was going to a small show this weekend, it was all set and on until yesterday, the health dept said NO  after approving it  so it is hard to plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I had a table set-up this weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC. at a gun and knife show. My main goal was to have my original nihonto on display as well as some reproduction items, in hopes of finding the "my grandfather gave me one of those" or "I have one like this, if I bring it to you can you tell me more it?"

I ended up selling almost everything. My 2 matchlocks did not sell, but I priced them very high, not wanting to sell them.

All the above being said, I am keeping my eyes on the Ohio Valley Military Society Show of Shows in Louisville Kentucky in late February...as mentioned in my first post.

Hello Dan,

I am unsure. I know Bob Elder was trying to have a show this year but it was cancelled twice in June and October due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I just send him a direct message on Facebook asking what the date is for a Orlando show in 2021 as I want to have a table. I will keep you updated once I have more information.    

• 2 months later...

Dear Dan,

I just was email by Bob Elder this morning. The Orlando Show is officially a go for the July 9-11, 2021. I have updated my website will all the details here: CONTACT | Rain Dragon Fine Art and Antiques, LLC. on this webpage in the Show Schedule 2021 section. Let me know if you have any questions.      

The Orlando Japanese Sword Show is on for July 9-11, 2021 at the usual spot, DoubleTree Hotel  just 1 light north of the airport, with free shuttle service. Great location and a growing show. At this point, Orlando looks like the only Florida sword show for 2021. I plan to have a table, as usual, and some kind of display of swords or iron tsuba.  Let's see... right now 72 and sunny in Orlando. 

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

i will have a few tables.  Grey is not coming but if there is anything he has you would like to see let me know and i will try and arrange to bring it (just ask early as i may see him in a few weeks but no just before the show)

18 hours ago, Japan2112 said:

I learned that Bob Benson plans on setting up at the Orlando show, anticipating that travel restrictions from and to Hawaii are, or will be favorable.  

Hawaii just went to Tier 4, so no real strictures, other than what the airlines are requiring.

Show is a go. Almost all the tables are sold. We have several new vendors I don't know as well as some heavy hitters attending for the first time. Exhibitions/lectures include Ken Clark (koshirae exhibit). Mark Ceskavich will show iron tsuba. Bill Miller always bring something very unusual to show and talk about. He has brought some items I've never even heard of! Demos include Tony Smith doing Iai he learns several times a year traveling to Japan. His demo was so successful last year we had to move it for more floor space plus the question/answer period was powerful. Very graceful and focused. Possibly Pete Campbell will cut bamboo. Our dojo, Orlando Toyama Ryu Batto Jutsu will cut goza. Still waiting to hear from Mike Yamasaki and Joe Forcine if they are attending. They do great lectures!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..