Polishing in the UK

Ferd

Hi Mark,

For polishing, try:

John Bolton                                                                           

0151-625-7971 

or

Les Stewart 

lesstewart@btinternet.com

John was thinking of retiring when I last spoke to him a few months ago. He has done several tanto for me and I've always been delighted with his work. His pricing is relatively cheap and his turnaround is impressive. Like about a week! I've not used Les, who has a very good reputation and I've been told is Japanese trained. His waiting time is around 9 months and expect to pay £500-£700 for polishing a katana. If your blade is arsenal made then I would suggest using John if he is still working. John is based on Merseyside and Les in Scotland.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, Nobutaka said:

Hi Mark,

For polishing, try:

John Bolton                                                                           

0151-625-7971 

or

Les Stewart 

lesstewart@btinternet.com

John was thinking of retiring when I last spoke to him a few months ago. He has done several tanto for me and I've always been delighted with his work. His pricing is relatively cheap and his turnaround is impressive. Like about a week! I've not used Les, who has a very good reputation and I've been told is Japanese trained. His waiting time is around 9 months and expect to pay £500-£700 for polishing a katana. If your blade is arsenal made then I would suggest using John if he is still working. John is based on Merseyside and Les in Scotland.

Hi

Thanks for that. Someone else has also recommended Les. I've e-mailed him to see if he would be able to polish it for me.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:12 AM, Nobutaka said:

On 11/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, 16k said:

I’ve been recommended Les too. I have a sword ready for him. Just waiting to see how Brexit goes in terms of custom fees.

Yes a couple of people have recommended Les to me. I've sent him an e-mail, to see if he is willing to polish my sword.

Thanks 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..