Yahoo bidders lament

Nothing new here just me venting my frustration on Yahoo sellers.

Been following for a week ending on my payday ( yay) up early to check my buyee snipe bid ....only to find out auction over 0 bids. I understand on a masterpiece sellers upset with low bids....but come on this rusty gimei hunk of iron. Another yahoo headslap.

I put a bid of a sword remnant from Buyee in Japan, only to be told by Buyee 2 hours before the auction ended, that they would not ship that type of item to the USA.

They made a few attempts to explain to me as to why they could not ship such an item, but I looked at all categories of prohibited items, and it did not fall into any of them.

Luckily I was out bid at the last moment, or I would have owned an item that I would never have received!

Mark

I have certainly had my share of big auction disappointments.  Even worse than missing out is paying a large sum for what turns out to be a real dog when it gets to you.  

On the other hand.........They can often be thrilling.  It's a small thing, but I put in a 10,000 yen bid on a nice kozuka that just looks like it needs a good cleaning.  It included a rusty kokatana that may be restorable or may not.  I ended up with it for 5,000 yen.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be a beauty.  

• Like 1

Talking about Kitchen knives...

Unbelievable, I bought a utility knife forged by Taro Asano two years ago. Once in France, it went through French EMS customs. It was catagorised as a dangerous item, needing a Forwarding agent to take it from customs. I told them I had already received more than ten katanas which all went through their Customs Service and were directly delivered at home. They told me it was impossible, I must have mistaken (I had in my hands their last invoice😂). Of course, no forwarding agent was willing to proceed with customs for a 12cm kitchen knife. 
I was very polite with them and tell them to send it back to the sender. They did it!!!. I had to send an e-mail to Taro san to send it back upon receiving it  but instead of labelling it Kitchen Knife, I told him to name it on the Proforma invoice :  Vegetable peeler. It went through French EMS Customs without any fuss....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Yesterday I read this thread with much interest (and sympathy). Then I was surprised to see that my fairly low bid on a nice Wakizashi had been accepted, just like that, and it was now mine! Wow, wow, wow!!!  Imagine this feeling of anticipation at the thought of such an early Christmas present!

Ok, I can hear you all saying, "in your dreams, dude/mate!"

You are right. I woke up this morning and realized that it had been a dream, probably set off by this very thread. Grrrr.... Who's bad? Stephen. Grrrr.....

• Haha 3

Are you ready for this?

Wasn't the seller it was buyee...think its just them making up a reason.

They cant control Yahoo auction s can they?

Any way get ready for a laugh.

Dear Stephen C..

This is the Buyee customer support.
Thank you for using our service.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In line to your concern for auction c862381969, we have confirmed that the auction has a high risk of being prohibited since it contains high volume of rusts. Therefore, we have cancelled your sniper bid.

Please understand that once your item is prohibited for international shipping, we are unable to process a refund.

We kindly ask for your understanding.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Kevin Paul
Buyee customer support

My reply to last letter was rather profanity Laden basically saying BULLSH+T

this came back

This is the Buyee customer support.
Thank you for using our service.

We sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As for your concern about the canceled [c862381969], please be advised as we a proxy purchase service, there is an instances of having an item we cannot handle it.

Upon checking on the auction page, the seller states the item Condition has Damaged/dirty, it might a second hand item. [https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/c8

The second-hand items on the auctions and shipping them overseas come with a certain amount of risks.

If you do not verify the auction item's information prior to placing your bid, and the item does not qualify for international shipping after its arrival at Buyee's warehouse, we are sorry that Buyee cannot take responsibility for any loss resulted.

Therefore, that is the reason, we do not want to take a risk, so to prevent problems during shipping.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Carmela
Buyee customer support

More double speak!!!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yahoo sellers wont that's why buyee is in effect. 

That is the service they provide.

The org post i show a tsuba i had top bid on only to have seller cancelled it at last min. It came back and with the winning bid being over a grand for that hunk of rust sure looks like some shilling going on. 

• 2 weeks later...

More sour grapes.

Maybe keep track of seller who dont think the bids are high enough and pullthe auction in last few min.

The tsuba not the point 

It's a fair representation of sanmai work not the best but collectible to me because of the Dragon.

3 AM closer so yes im pissed for being sure i won.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/v760389631?

I have no problem with someone starting a thread in the Buyers/Sellers section, listing sellers in Japan that end auctions early or are best to avoid. They aren't scammers, so it's not libel. Just warning people who is worth waiting up for and who not to bother with. Won't hurt their bottom line I'm sure, but may save some of our members the aggravation.

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..