Show Off Your Gunto Display

IJASWORDS

When I started collecting Gunto, I had a corner of my room dedicated to  WW2 Japanese swords, with a back drop of a soldiers signed personal flag, and a going to war banner. 

These banners celebrated a family or communities pride in sending a loved one off to war. 

They look great as a wall decoration behind your swords. Beautiful calligraphy on silk. 

Any one interested can find them in the for sale section. 

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For a nice Japanese military display, there is nothing nicer than to have a collection of WW2 Japanese medals with the display. Japanese medals are arguably some of the most ornate and beautiful ever made, most of pure silver. Particularly if they are in their original presentation boxes, some have original papers. 

I have spent years finding the best examples, of campaigns, celebrating the Emperor, killed in action, wounded in action etc etc. 

When I have worked out a value, they will be in the for sale section. And free gifts with purchase thrown in as well.  

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

G'day Guys,

Unfortunately where I live it is seasonally very dry and dusty and then very hot and humid, so I never leave my swords out. I keep my sword collection in a set of drawers I had specially made for the job.

Cheers,

Bryce

Sword Drawers small.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bruce Pennington said:

Matthew,

What is that skinny, straight gunto?  My first guess would be a child sword, but it has a tassel, and the blade seems as long as the adult gunto above it.

child sword.jpg

That is the parade light weight gunto.

This is a closer shot of the light weight with the gunto above... I can take better pictures in a week when I return home 

IMG_20190824_113712_629.thumb.jpg.18959ddbf39613b451650d3a1be17adc.jpg

Edited by Ontario_Archaeology
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..