Type 32 Chinese Version Authentication

Skrag0

Hello,

I really love the Japanese Type 32 swords, I've done a lot more research since my last bad purchase and came across a green painted one. I read that the green painted versions were the ones sent to China.

I know it's an authentic Type 32 but is it an authentic Chinese version? I haven't seen any pictures of one in my research. I think the drips on the sheath is interesting, it doesn't seem like they gave it much effort.

DSC02728_S.JPG

DSC02729_S.JPG

DSC02730_s.JPG

DSC02731_S.JPG

DSC02732_S.JPG

DSC02739_S.JPG

DSC02740_S.JPG

It seems you got it from PCAY. This sword is not the Chinese version but the real Japanese Type 32 甲 . It could be captured by PLA and reissued to their cavalry troop before they start to make the replica.
But not 100% sure, since this is the only Japanese Type 32 painted to PLA green I ever saw.

Here is the Chinese version

post-3887-0-21670300-1595709101_thumb.jpeg

H21499-L193019124.jpg

c.jpeg

• Like 3

Pierre is a great bloke, but I'm not sure why he attributed the sword to Chinese. They had their own sword, but like Trystan said, it may have been captured or purchased. Unlikely to ever know. It's a genuine example of a 32 though, so much better this time around.

• Like 4

As in for sale, in collections or have I owned one? To answer simply, I've not seen any in other collections (Not that I see many other collections in Australia, though I've seen them for sales a couple of times in auctions here. I've never owned one, not my area of collecting. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..