How many Japanese swords ???

dwmc

Just for fun, and to see how sharp your eye is for Japanese swords. How many do you see in the photo below ?

There are still swords to be found in the USA, if you have the time to look...obviously not to the extent there were in years past, but still a few

to be found in various antique and pawn shops. I would be curious to where swords can be found ( other than the internet in other countries.)

Dave M.o.thumb.jpg.2d67fdadaeb3d88c8c8fab4a43523a9a.jpg

Both correct ! Definitely lousy picture Hamish...the sword has hung there for probably 40 years. I managed to buy it a while back, it's a short late war Kai gunto signed by Hiratoshi.

There's another sword near the first, I'll see if any one can spot it before I point it out.

Dave M.

Good job spotting that one Trystan !  It's quite hard to see along side the gun rack. It's a Type 32 Ko as I'm sure you already suspected.

The small show room in the picture is above a huge basement in which the owner claims to have over 100,000 items for sale.

There was a time when many Pawn shops had a variety of Japanese swords lined up like the guns in the rack shown.

Still a few to be found however!!

Regards,

Dave M.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..