I am looking for a translator for Sayagaki and Kanteisho

Brano

Guys, is there anyone who can translate sayagaki or Kanteisho for me from time to time?
Markus has provided this service in the past but I don't think he provides the service anymore because of his busy schedule

(I sent him an email a few days ago, but I don't have an answer)
Thanks in advance

Thank you Steve
I appreciate the selfless help of people who have the knowledge to translate
At the same time, I feel that I am abusing these people
Therefore, I am willing to pay fee for  the translation which I need a few times a year
So if I can ask I need a translation of this Sayagaki
Big thanks

20154sayagaki.jpg

• Like 2

Others better than me will help, but, to get the ball rolling,

your sayagaki starts out "Echizen Kuni __?___ tsugu."

Pretty likely a student of the Yasutsugu line?

https://www.nihonto.com/the-yasutsugu-school-康継系/

This is where the fluent guys come in and fill in the kanji I don't know off the top of my head.

I think you got a good blade there Brano, I like that one too. It has nice wide shape. And seemed to be good package in overall.

Here is a bit more to continue: 大磨上無銘也雄勁ナル延文貞治 - ō-suriage mumei XXX Enbun Jōji

Unfortunately I am limited to phone now and long sayagaki like this surpass my current abilities.

• Like 2

Tametsugu. He is said to have been the son of Go Yoshihiro and a student of Norishige. He moved to Mino before beginning of Muromachi. He worked in the Soshu style. Why Tametsugu and not Norishige? Because the work is very good but a bit weak to be Norishige so one degree under Norishige is Tametsugu. The O kissaki  enables to pinpoint the date of the blade to a period between 1350 to 1365.

Juyo Zufu translation of my former Juyo Tametsugu

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

越前国為継 
Echizen no kuni Tametsugu
大磨上無銘也雄勁ナル延文貞治型ノ姿形ヲ呈シ精妙ナル板目肌合ニ大湾与互乃目交ジリノ刃文ヲ悠々ト焼キ沸匂深厚而

Ōsuriage mumei nari yūkei naru Enbun-Jōji katachi no sugata wo teishi, seimyō naru itamehada-ai ni ōnotare gun-no-me majiri no hamon wo yūyū to yaki, nienioi shinkōshi
更ニ砂流・金筋・湯走・飛焼ノ景色ガ加ハルナド同工ノ特色ガ把握サレル優品也後ノ應安頃二農州二移住シ美濃傳ノ源流ノ一人トナレり
Sarani sunagashi, kinsuji, yubashiri, tobiyaki, no keishiki ga kuwaerunado, dōkō no tokushoku ga haaku sareru yūhin nari. Nochi no Ōan-koro ni Nōshū ni ijūshi, Minō-den no genryuu no hitori to nareri.
長貮尺二寸七分探山識
Nagasa nishaku nisun, nanabun. Tanzan-shikisu
于时庚子高秋
Tokini Kanoe-ne koshu

Echizen no kuni, Tametsugu
Osuriage mumei. A powerful sword presenting a typical "Enbun-Jōji" shape, calmly forged with exquisite itame hada, and with a hamon of large notare mixed with gunome, and deep nie and nioi.
Additionally, the sword includes sunagashi, kinsuji, yubashiri, and tobiyaki, making this one of this smith's masterpieces. He relocated to Nōshū in the latter part of Ōan, and there he became one of the founders of the Mino school.

2 shaku, 2 sun, 7 bun. Tanzan
2020, Autumn

Year could also be 1960. It feels early for there to already be a sword on the market that has a Tanzan sayagaki saying "autumn 2020", but the only other choice would be 1960, but I think 1960 is a bit before Tanzan's sayagaki-writing began. In any event, it is an impressive sword.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..