Does anyone know this artist and the painting? Grateful for any answers.

Caracal

Hello,

Does anyone know this artist and the painting? Grateful for any answers.

//Robert

Artist: Yoshikazu Ichijusai ( 1850-1870)

"Kira kozuke no Suke"

Attack of Daiymo's mansion "Kira kozuke no Suke. On the night of January 30, 1703 (the 14th day, 12th month, the year Genroku-15, according to the Japanese calendar), Asanos Samurai broke into Kira's mansion, after nearly two years of careful and secret planning, and killed him in revenge. .

They then surrendered to the shogun / authority and all 47 Samurai were ordered to commit seppuku for the murder.

Publ. Kagaya Kichubei (Kichieimon)
Printed and censored in 1859
(5 良 義 央, October 5, 1641 - January 30, 1703)
Artist: Yoshikazu Ichijusai (avt. 1850-70)

260822586_Namnls.png.d65219077aefee530b1a990814a6e75d.png

• 3 years later...

I'm not an art expert, but I love that you're exploring and trying to identify this painting! It's fascinating how art can capture historical events like the attack on Kira's mansion in such detail. Yoshikazu Ichijusai's work from the 1850s-70s sounds intriguing.

I'm not an art expert, but I love that you're exploring and trying to identify this painting! It's fascinating how art can capture historical events like the attack on Kira's mansion in such detail. Yoshikazu Ichijusai's work from the 1850s-70s sounds intriguing.
If you're looking to know more about this painting or even possibly acquire it, you might want to check out Print and Frame Online shops. They often have a wide range of artworks and might be able to provide more information about the artist and the piece.