Is this a fatal flaw?

Ok, fair enough...I was interested in the whole sword, but thought that was a stretch to separate it from you.

So how about a offer with a a profit then...$50+ shipping for the whole kit-n-caboodle?

Yeh. yeh, I'm guessing that I know what you are going to say, but nothing ventured, nothing gained right? 

Mark

I'm super curious about polishing, I want to try my hand with it on Thai/Burmese DHA swords, but I do not know what effect the different stones have on sword steels. I think having a broken/cut section of real folded steel to practice on, would yield better education than starting with a total unknown steel type and guessing which stone(s) do what.

DHA swords in Thailand run about $30-$100 US dollars, so no real worries about screwing up something that is actually worth money and should not be touched by an un-trained rookie.

Anyway, just a future hobby to pursue in retirement.

Mark

Oh nooooo...no elusions of that falderal, and I'm too old and impatient to do a 6 year apprenticeship in Japan.

Furthermore, I could never sit in the proper Japanese polishing position for more than about 2 seconds, hell I can't even sit in the lotus position at all.

Me and sport bikes had too many arguments over the years, 3 plates, 16 screws and 8 surgeries later, precludes sitting in just about any position for long, let alone a contorted one!

Mark

6 years or 10 years, matters not, I seriously do not have the required patience for that art form, or years left in this aging body (just turned 62 and retired), nor do I speak Japanese so.......

Just a old man playing with cheap Southeast Asian steel, no harm or foul possible.

Mark

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..