Sword stand with drawer

Nihonto Otaku

Just a general aid link:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?p=刀掛け&va=刀掛け&exflg=1&b=1&n=100&s1=bids&o1=a&mode=1

Click on it every week or two and follow what auctions you'd like to get a good pricing guide.

Sometimes a good one comes up for sale, though may cost more than $210.

I picked up mine this way. Signed and dated 1754 from a carpenter shop in Japan, and yes it has a drawer with original hardware.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:09 AM, Curran said:

Just a general aid link:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/search?p=刀掛け&va=刀掛け&exflg=1&b=1&n=100&s1=bids&o1=a&mode=1

Click on it every week or two and follow what auctions you'd like to get a good pricing guide.

Sometimes a good one comes up for sale, though may cost more than $210.

I picked up mine this way. Signed and dated 1754 from a carpenter shop in Japan, and yes it has a drawer with original hardware.

Thanks for the information, Curran! I was hoping to get one from someone living in the US since international mailing is not in the best situation right now due to COVID. 

Yes, I figured as much.

I am refraining from posting much on NMB, and hesitated to reply. Yet I did on this one. I had the link as one I sometimes search.

My logic is that you can see what you like in Japan, take a screen shot and post it here, and see if someone can decently meet your needs.

OR there is sea-mail. Slow, but it works.

If you aren't too picky and mean nearly any beater tansu with a drawer able to support two heavier swords, then maybe you will have some luck here.

Otherwise your best bet is trawling through eBay on a regular basis.

My intent is to help clarify your request. I hope you find what you are seeking.

11 hours ago, Curran said:

Yes, I figured as much.

I am refraining from posting much on NMB, and hesitated to reply. Yet I did on this one. I had the link as one I sometimes search.

My logic is that you can see what you like in Japan, take a screen shot and post it here, and see if someone can decently meet your needs.

OR there is sea-mail. Slow, but it works.

If you aren't too picky and mean nearly any beater tansu with a drawer able to support two heavier swords, then maybe you will have some luck here.

Otherwise your best bet is trawling through eBay on a regular basis.

My intent is to help clarify your request. I hope you find what you are seeking.

Thank you very much for your help, Curran! Your information is very helpful. 😀

5 hours ago, Jean said:

one hundred thousands yen though. That is basically 1000 USD. It looks really nice though.

If the quickest/best way to get a good sword stand with drawer is still by ordering from Japan, I will just go with this one from this website: http://www16.plala.or.jp/katana-iimura/hikidasitsuki.html

This website and company is managed by the family of Mr. Iimura, the author of Touken Youran and those huge Koto, Shinto and Shinshinto Taikan books.

Archived