Oshigata paintings by collectors

vajo

Unfortunatly i lost some of the oshigatas i made by storing it in the cloud (i cleaned up the storage - it seems i do it very carefully).

These are the six oshigata i have found in record for some of the swords in my collection.

Maybe you find it usefull and you have selfmade Oshigata? I would enjoy it if you show it. The NMB has a very good remembrance in the world wide web.

Making these oshigatas is a good training for me to study the details of a sword.

From left to right:

1. Muromachi Sadanobu Wakizashi

2. Muromachi Mino Wakizashi (mumei)

3. Nanbokucho Kuninobu Tachi

4. Koto Senjuin (possible Uda) Wakizashi

5. Koto Chikushi Naginata

6. Gendai-to Morinobu Katana

sadanobu-blade_with_oshigata.thumb.jpg.6c3f80e244ed3e580956f8cfb94fee7a.jpg  mino_wakizashi_koto_with_oshigata.thumb.jpg.a893b28c64890788123f4411dc14c925.jpg  kuninobu_oshigata_nanbokucho.thumb.jpg.a209de5672069eda84f3de340bd15471.jpg  koto_wkizashi_yamato_senjuin.thumb.jpg.93a2f05287f20cc96d74f6d43def5814.jpg  koto_chikushi_naginata_full.thumb.jpg.21c883413434f8f27f2952d8311d3e4e.jpg  gendai_minamoto_morinobu_oshigata.thumb.jpg.4e3cea25d920a084040758c51fc101dc.jpg   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I am among the artistically challenged folks, haven't even tried doing oshigata for a long while now. Should definately do some in future again.

I did this 7 years ago of Shimada Sukemune tanto I used to own back then. Horimono on that blade is quite worn and my skills are lacking in bringing justice to the sword, some things are definately wrong in that oshigata too but it is what it is...

Sukemune.thumb.jpg.f9da0ff92158defc6ce5df9c2d1480f4.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, vajo said:

They are fantastic Mike.

How did you get in contact with Mr. Lee. I think he is the most important "Middlearth" Illustrator. 

I wish i had a painting from him.

He was selling a couple on FB which is where I did my communication with him but he also sells prints here:

https://fineartamerica.com/art/allan+lee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..