Download Messages

Someone asked me if there was a way to backup private messages so you can clear old messages.
I noticed this wasn't a feature of this software, so I found a small and cheap plugin and just installed it. If you go into your message inbox, you should be able to check the right hand side and download either a single chat, or your entire message history to an easy to read html file.
Hope this helps and works for everyone.

Brian

• 1 year later...

Downloading pm's to pc?
Was an addon, but hasn't been updated to work with the latest software yet. I'll try enable it and see if it still can be used, but if not we have to wait until the author updates it. Didn't know anyone actually used any of the addons I install. :)

I'll be honest, I don't check the Tech forum as often as I should, Brian - I'm sure there's loads of stuff you've made available that would make my life easier.

However, as Admin, you know that your earthly rewards are few, but as you also know, there is a special place in Internet Heaven for unappreciated Admins ...... hopefully

Cheers,

Jon

(Ex Admin of other groups!  :laughing: )

This feature seems to have reappeared.  I saved one message and it worked just as before.  One can save all messages, a backup for example, or one can open up a message and save just it, so as to delete the message afterwards.  One note of caution, images and attachments need to be downloaded independently as they are not included in the HTML.

Archived