Shipping from Japan

I have won a couple auctions from ebay in the last month or two, and have NOT had any problems with shipping. I won a kozuka last night and the seller tells me that Japan post will not do air shipping, and he can only Japan post the item via seamail and it could take 3-4 months for delivery! He says that DHL and FedEx are too expensive and he does not have an account with them to get cheap shipping.

I'm about to cancel this deal with him since he never mentioned the shipping problem in his listing, only after I won the auction. Any suggestions? He has a few other items I am wanting to get, but don't want to wait for 3-4 months. There has got to be a better way.

Much Appreciated!

Dan

Hi Dan,

The US has been blocked for EMS since March.   Perhaps he did not know until he checked after the auction.

DHL and Fedex do not take weapons, and yes, it is hard to get contracts with them in any case.

I have customers waiting for months now - fortunately, I knew and was able to inform them before they bought.

Afraid sea mail is your only option right now...

I just received a Tsuba which was shipped by sea from Japan to Australia. it took a little over 2 months, which is a long time when you can generally get something within two weeks. For me personally, the wait IS excruciating, but if you really want the item, it is the sacrifice you have to pay.

You do NOT have to wait 2 months!

I can buy on Yahoo auctions for you and send to Australia, USA and other blocked countries by DHL.

Takes just a few days.

Only blades have to go by EMS (now blocked to Australia and USA) or seamail.

My blade exporter is also working on a UPS contract to send blades... hopefully ok'd soon...

11 hours ago, Japan auctions said:

You do NOT have to wait 2 months!

I can buy on Yahoo auctions for you and send to Australia, USA and other blocked countries by DHL.

Takes just a few days.

Only blades have to go by EMS (now blocked to Australia and USA) or seamail.

My blade exporter is also working on a UPS contract to send blades... hopefully ok'd soon...

Are you saying to have my items sent to you, then you send to me with your DHL contract?

Hi Dan,

I can do so in cases of "emergency", like for example, when the items are bought, really wanted by the buyer, and then the seller or proxy company (like Buyee) says they won't ship them.

Can you show me the items you bought, please?  (send links in a PM).   Note, DHL does not send any blade/weapon items.  My usual fee is 15% of win price/min 6000 yen/item.  Plus shipping and paypal fees.  DHL  shipping for small box of tosogu, for example, is usually about 7500 yen.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..