eBay Tsuba

I keep green papers for lesser value items. If I remember they fakes were only for high end items

There is no mileage for an item less than a couple of grand when you can get many thousands of pounds for a high end sword for excample

So green is OK for me and I couldn't re-paper for my items

It’s blurry on my phone but I think the paper has it down to Tosa Myochin. I don’t see how that attribution falsely inflates it’s value if it’s not a modern repro and I don’t see anything about the steel that suggests that thats the case. Can anyone else spot anything? 

I think I would have kantei’d it to Kyo sukashi as it seems more elegant than Tosa Myochin work which can be a bit clunky, but I’m sure I know less than the shinsa panel. 

These are "transition" papers from 1980 (1980-1982 or 1983??). I think Danny Massey's site has a good article on them.

They are more reliable than the old dark green Tokubetsu Kicho papers, but I don't know if they are considered Valid.

Tosa Myochin would be late Edo. They copied and interpreted Higo and Akasaka designs in their own fashion and sometimes command good prices.

This one I would say is a Higo copy or interpretation.

This one just sold in Japan two or three weeks ago. I was contemplating a bid, but it went too high for my interest level.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..