Who was Tsu Jinpo?

terminus

Who was Tsu Jinpo? What made him such a great artist? He seems to be reputed very highly as a tosogu artist in the same ranks as Yasuchika, Toshinaga, Joi, Somin, Shozui, Nagatsune, Naoshige etc. He's ranked Meiko and a few books mention him as the best of the Nomura school, but how come I don't see many examples of his work or really much information about him? I feel with Edo period tosogu artist of his caliber I would see much more information and references of him. 

Also if you have some examples of his work in real life or books please share:)

津尋芳(1721-1762)江戸時代中期の装剣金工。
享保(kiyou-ho)6年生まれ。阿波徳島(阿波徳島)藩の抱え工野村正道(野村政道)の門人。野村一派でもっともすぐれた工人といわれる。花鳥、植物図の縁頭、小柄、鱗などを製作した。宝暦(hou-reki)12年6月死去。42歳。江戸出身。通称は八左衛門(Hachizaemon) 。
研究書:梶村茂著 『津尋后』 1966、自費出版

第27図 秋草に虫図鐔 銘 津尋甫 .jpg

梶村茂著『津尋甫』.jpg

• Like 1

Yas, you have the English translation off again, Google translate [not that it is accurate]

Hiroyoshi Tsu (1721-1762) A sword metalworker in the middle of the Edo period.
Born in Kyoho (kiyou-ho) 6 years. Awa Tokushima (Awa Tokushima) Clan's master of Nomura Masamichi (Nomura Masamichi). He is said to be the best craftsman in the Nomura school. He decorated with flowers and birds, rims of botanical drawings, petite, scales, etc. Horeki (hou-reki) died in June 2012. 42 years old. Born in Edo. Known as Hachizaemon.
Research book: Shigeru Kajimura, "Tsuhirogo", 1966, self-published

• Like 1

Here is a fuchi & kashira made by him. I have at least 3 other F&K by him in books. As I am not a fittings guy I am surprised he is so highly rated as his work seem quite scarce at top level, maybe they are really rare? When going through books I thought he was just a good maker but I didn't think him in same league as makers you mentioned in OP. Of course I have never seen his work in real life so cannot say much.

IMG_20200913_193441.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spartancrest said:

Yas, you have the English translation off again, Google translate [not that it is accurate]

I'm sorry to trouble you again, Dale-san. I turned off the translation function of browser and posted in English. I don't know why this happens.
If you find it again, please leave it as is Japanese. I will correct it myself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..