Sato Kanzan Sayagaki

Suppaman

Hello to everyone, i'm facing some difficulties with the traslation of a part of this sayagaki:

20200905_230119.thumb.jpg.1774493ea84d9ca7578de9109c7c6ccd.jpg

20200905_230144.thumb.jpg.312278e94cb53a3d3cb24fc3931d6348.jpg

I think it should state nagasa, date of sayagaki and "Sato Kanzan wrote + kao".

Someone could help me with at least the date part? 

Thanks in advance for your eventual try.

Enrico

I think it says 

刃長尺八寸二分有

Not sure about the last one. I would normally expect 之, but it doesn't look much like 之.

Also, the 壱 doesn't look much like 壱. But it's not "two", and "three" is almost out of the question unless its a really massive sword. At any rate the sword itself will reveal what number this is supposed to be (even if it doesn't reveal the actual kanji that the writer has written. Anyway, either 壱 or 壹 is my guess. 

On the second picture it says ERA NAME + ZODIAC YEAR + MONTH (I think its using the classical name for the month). Then at the end, it says Kanzan wrote this + kao (as you correctly pointed out). 

Does that help? 

Steve a lot of thank You. it helped a lot.

It is actually a wakizashi of 55,1 cm about. so i think you almost centered the point except for the shaku measurement which should be "ichi" or something equivalent. (it has a recent nbthk hozon which states 1 shaku, 8 sun, 1 bu. so at the time of sayagaki 2 bu cpuod be correct)

perhaps last kanji could be "強" (=about)?

for the date i assumed by confronting another one it could be summer of the horse year (showa era). What do you think?

Sorry if i add more info only now, but i didn't want to influence someone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..