Alright, who got it.?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-old-Japanese-Samurai-Sword-with-Sharkskin-Handle/224132347896?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I’m just guessing someone here talked the seller into cancelling, guess my offer wasn’t enticing enough.  Nice mokumegane guri bori tsuba style of Okitsugu, well done mon fuchi, and what must be a pretty decent blade.  If indeed anyone here let us know what you find if you would....it’s the least you can do😀.

Doug

• Like 1

It was worth a punt but unfortunately I think that the seller may have backed out as it wasn't sitting high enough price wise at this stage and offers tend to put sellers on their guard. You think you make a fair offer and they think they can get a lot more. If many are interested you can have a closed auction outside of eBay. Play one bidder against another...... Even if that ”other" is totally fictitious.

• Like 1

Adam,

I really love the style of the different bohis on it.  The Bonji i would rather not be there.  My mind took the bonji appearence as a style rather than dremel mostly due to my assumption that the bohi look right so the rest must be too right?   I do need to beware making that assumption too easily.

Adam I seem to remember looking at that sword it was not well forged and the later work was a dremmel.

Good Bonji is nice and normally as thin as a chisel.

You would struggle to recover your money on that so many people would not want it.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..