Paul Martin contact details.

It is my understanding that Paul is actually getting very much into the study of tosogu now so I'm hoping that he will.

You may be right so I've contacted Kelly Schmidt as well.

Only downside is she may want the lot for her own online sales .

• Confused 1

Well, Adam, one should simply not make too many assumptions.... for instance is Sam a boy’s or girl’s name.... how do we now if it is short for Samuel (Sam, boy) or Samantha (Sam, girl). Same with Jo - are we talking about Joseph, Joel, Josephine, Joanna, etc....

I had this management training against conscious and unconscious bias, where they deliberately threw all these polyvalent names at us to try and trick us into jumping to conclusions. 

Anyway,, back to the topic - Paul is a great guy all around and could potentially help with anything. Have not heard that he has started bidding on behalf of people but worthwhile asking him.. 

Hi Michael, in the UK

Jo is a girl and Joe is a boy. 

Kelly is a girl period. 

Sam I would always question as that is unilateral. 

Pronounced the same Mike is a boy and Mich is a girl. 

Even if the spelling is as your name is you might be referred to as either your full name or Mike. 

It's just the way it is. 

Thats an unusual avatar of a handsome young Anime character. Is that actually what you look like?? 😉

And before you ask I know that Brian's got a rather wide legged stance like his Avatar, I'm also told he's slightly bow legged and when he runs he looks like an egg whisk! 

But that's just what I'm told. 

Hahah, that is a funny post, Adam 

i agree that nowadays it is too difficult to infer someone’s gender from a name or how they spell their name. Believe me, I have seen plenty of Jo who have been boys, even though you are right that 20-30 years ago we used to be much more stringent about grammar and spelling. So, let us not say “period” when we mean “full-stop” :)). 

In fairness, I was also confused by Kelly but I have frequented this board a little longer and know he is a man. So Kelly is a unisex name derived from the Irish surname Kelly, which means descendant of Ceallach. 

With regard to my avatar, this is the avatar in Touken Ranbu of a meito Mitsutada tachi. As I am a Bizen aficionado, and lucky enough to own a sword by the smith, and Brian urged us to put some images, I thought why not, let us put something funky. I look nothing like it :)  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..