Is the Search function disabled?

Working for me?
Remember you have to select where it searches (everywhere) and if it should contain all of your words or any of them.
I went to one of the first posts ever created 14 years ago, copied a few words and searched for them, and that post came up. Also make sure you are searching title and content and not just title.
Bruce, I plugged in "Manchurian Rinji seishiki" into the search box, all words..and it pulled up that thread immediately. Check your settings.

Also, once you have yoursearch results, underneath is the link to + More Search Options.
Click that, and you get this:

search1239.jpg

Dirk,
Already checked all the settings. Nothing holding back the search.
I used a different browser, not even signed in...so I was a guest, and searched for Masamune and got 54 pages.
Can someone else play with the search for Masamune and confirm what results they get?
Btw, I reduced the search flood control for Gold members...one of the perks. Under content type, try topics?

Yes, it is getting weirder!

I had to manually find the thread I wanted "1945 Pattern Officer Sword".  After adding a reply to the thread, a new search brings it up right away.  Yet if I type "Manchurian Rinji Seishiki" or just "Manchurian" I get 5 results and 2 results; yet when I go to the Mantetsu Survey thread those words are there exactly as I've searched for them.

Search1.png

search2.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..