New Gold Tier Subscription/Membership Launched

This optional plan is now available and can be done through a secure Paypal server. Let me know if you would rather do it through credit card and I'll send you a link.
Gold Tier membership (looking for a nice new name...suggestions?) gives you some benefits on the forum and more in the future.
See the details in the STORE on the menu above.
Also coming is a deal membership that will be a huge benefit to dealers.
Note that Gold Tier is to assist the forum with bills and running costs. Voluntary donations on selling items etc is still very welcome as we still have all the usual bills.
You do NOT have to take a Gold Tier membership. You still have access to everything on the forum without it. There is no pressure, and no stigma to being a regular member.
Some members who have been here for a long time and have rendered help will be upgraded for free. Will take a bit of time though.
We have 3 or 4 members who have already done the sign up, perhaps they can advise if it went smoothly?
My thanks to everyone who upgrades. This is an extension of the thread about supporting the move and upgrade, and by the polls, there should be a number of members using the 6 monthly contribution.
There is lots to come for Gold Tier members, and at $5 a month, I don't think it is expensive.
Thanks all.
Brian

Brian

Is the $5  per month self limiting, like for a year?  When I croak, I don't want the wife or estate to be paying it forever. Also, I'd rather it be done automatically for a year as I may forget to do it each month. Might be easier for us old geezers that are getting a wee bit absent minded. 😀

Thanks for all you've done, much appreciated.

Rich

Rich, it’s billed as $30 for 6 months at a time. People can choose to let PayPal auto renew if they like. 
You sir don’t need to pay for Gold Tier. You automatically qualify and I’ll be adding you shortly. Members will agree. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rich S said:

Brian

Thank you for the upgrade but I don't see where I've done anything special to merit it.

Rich

You were the start of this forum, way back before me and before Rich T. You planted the seed.
And the JSI website which was the start for so many people, and continues to be so today. Well deserved!

You’re welcome, Brian,

That’s the  least we owe you. And since I’m not a seller, that’s the best way for me to contribute. Keep up the good work.

By the way, the “dark theme" has disappeared from the themes option when I subscribed. Probably a glitch. Man we’re giving you so much work! :)

1 hour ago, 16k said:

By the way, the “dark theme" has disappeared from the themes

Oops. Fixed. 🙂

Take a look at the other 2 themes available for Gold Tier. I particularly like “engraved” myself. Also note you can change background images and colors. 

• Like 1

Not having the easiest time financially at the moment Brian, due to covid lockdown not being allowed to work without getting a large fine and also having to relocate my business within 4 weeks after 10 years in the building. Good news is ive found a suitable building and have almost finished the move but very costly. 

Just to let you know that once lockdown is over i will hit the ground running and sign up for gold tier. 

P. S i hope your functioning pain free now.

Thanks Greg, we all wish you well and good luck. Things are still tough everywhere. In a day or 2 I'll find out if I get a salary this month. Not sure how much sick leave I had left and not a lot of sympathy at work. Doc says I cannot work until at least the 22nd Sept. Far from pain free, this is a longer recovery than I imagined. But getting there. Had at least 5 hours sleep last night which is a big improvement.

To get back on topic, thanks to those who have signed up. The forum is still fully featured without the Gold membership and people need not feel bad if they can't or won't upgrade. Those that use the forum extensively will see the most benefits.
On another note, people should watch the downloads section often as I have some nice stuff going up as a get a chance.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

Yep, glad to help out Brian and have a few extra features. One thing that would be neat down the road are some more traditional Japanese images for the background pictures, perhaps some famous woodblock prints?

If you choose one of the exclusive themes like Chameleon or Engraved just for Gold members, at the top you can change your background colours. I can also add images but then everyone has the same choices.
There are other themes coming that will allow you to change your background image. I particularly like the theme "engraved"
There is another theme I am waiting to purchase that only works on 4.5, but we are on software 4.4 and 4.5 is about to be released, and we will keep up to date with software versions from now on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian, I have a couple questions.  I tried to send you a PM, but I got a dialog box saying that my message inbox is full.   So I deleted a bunch of message conversations but still get the message.  Do I have to somehow empty the trash?  I couldn't figure out what I am doing wrong.  The second question has to do with gold tier.  I sent you 100 bucks when you started the thread.  Shouldn't that get me a year or two of gold tier?  Hopefully you will see this message.  Cheers, Bob

Bob,

It most certainly should, and I have done that now. I am a little behind with catching up, so anyone who did it before the official subscriptions, please just let me know. 
Regular members have 100 messages limit. So they will need to clear to below that limit. And please guys...don’t forget sent messages. Good habit to keep your messages clean. 
Gold members have 500 messages. Please check now and see if you are good to go?

Brian. 

No worries Brian, and thanks for fixing the issue.  I was just able to send a PM (I think).  I hope you are making a rapid recovery.  I went under the knife myself a couple weeks ago.  Now I know what it's like to be stabbed with a tanto..... Cheers, Bob

Just signed up. Was very simple and easy.

Honestly, I rarely donate to sites. But I have to say that I've learned a LOT here on NMB. It's really been an invaluable resource. Especially for those like me who are fairly new to Nihonto and Japanese Military swords of all types. And frankly it's saved me plenty in avoiding some bad purchases that otherwise would've been made out of ignorance. 

As for a name, Gold is fine. (I like the little ryo image a lot). But if you really want to change it, maybe "Daimyo"?

• Like 1

That's better I've done a year so much easier as I know it's done each time.

It offers to renew automatically but you will need to set up automatic reminders a month before renewal date of those that didn't select that option. I might suggest renewals or subscription run from the first of the option selected month. Ergo my subscription started first of September and will need renewal 1st sept 2021

Otherwise you will enter a nightmare world.

Reminders go out first of the preceding month for September subscribers.