New Gold Tier Subscription/Membership Launched

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Short version...forced payments are morally against what I want for this place.

I understand Brian, and all of us (or hopefully most of us ) are very grateful and (again hopefully) we don’t begrudge you getting something in return for keeping us straight and narrow and safe.

However, in order to increase the income you have to charge something for something!……and if people leave the forum because of a £10 membership fee you haven’t actually lost anything financially except for a few mean members!
Obviously gold members, dealers etc would be paying more anyway and would remain totally unaffected.

The amazing translators we have here could be rewarded by free gold membership at your discretion as could others who go “above and beyond” by providing excellent research links/materials etc 

You would generate a lot of $ imo by charging guests a nominal fee for a months access.

Anyway, I’ll shut up now…….I can’t help it…….early career 28 years in the Finance industry……but don’t hold that against me…..I’m nearly normal again now🙂

Thanks for all you do.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

As much as the gesture of free memberships is a nice one, I'm sure the likely benefactors would much rather contribute the nominal amount to keep the forum running than take money out of Brian's pocket. In terms of access fees, again not a popular feature across many sites. Just look at what is happening with twitter and multi millionaire celebrities crying & screaming over now having to pay $8 a month for a blue tick...!

The small but neat upgrades to the user experience are always nice and don't cost anything, minor things like custom titles are always fun (who prefers the old ones based on NBTHK paper ranks?).

• Like 2

Brian

This is a really great site with lots of very helpful people, where else can you get such genuine advice - nowhere. I have just sent you US $10 via PayPal.

Thanks for all the work you do for this site.

Clive

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...