Yip.
Universally, pm allocation on forums is usually about 50 messages or 100 max. Because we have been around so long, I had gradually increased it. But I have set it at 150 now, which is more than enough if people keep their inbox clean.
But I need to cover the upgrade and server move costs, I'm over $800 in the hole so far. So will be introducing a Gold Tier membership that will have some benefits. The average person can carry on as before without it. Just delete old messages.
But for those who do the 6-monthly subscription to gold tier, they will have access to additional nice themes, and a bunch of other small extras, along with 500 pm messages allocation.
I'm working on it currently, it is in the STORE --> SUBSCRIPTIONS section and is still in process. I don't think $30 for 6 months is a lot. But for those who don't want to, there will not be any down side for them.
Donations have slowed to a trickle, even for sold items. So I need to get going with  covering the upgrade, and the subscriptions are to hopefully cover the $100/month hosting we need.
Make sense? Don't think I'm being greedy. Regular supporters, moderators and a few others I designate will automatically get Gold membership anyways for their past support.

I like the idea of contributing without the hassle of the odd donation and as many others I gained so much and it is voluntary

I know it is voluntary but a donation for items sold is a solid gesture of support and it is a heavily used section

I have quite a few thousand views for my 'massive tsuba sale' without me doing much, sadly with not many sales but that's life

I love to have the Christmas Draw again

Definitely want to do another raffle. It was fun. Depends on what prizes we can drum up. 
The Gild Tier 6 month membership upgrade is live and in the SHOP feature. Auto renews if you like. The benefits are worth it for those who use the forum a lot. 
Most funds will go towards the upgrade and move. If want to do the regular contributions for selling stuff of whatever, there is still a donate section too. 
Thanks all, hope you are finding your feet and enjoying the new server etc. 

I’ll be canvassing for dealers who want to use the dealer section explained in the shop. 
And any ideas for the forum are welcome. 

Archived