Seppa

DTM72

Looking for original or reproduction seppa to tighten up a loose tsuba. Looking for at least one thick one or will buy more if you have extra you are willing to sell. Prefer a US seller due to worldwide shipping delays. Show me what you have! I can send Venmo or willing to discuss other payment options.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

Have you tried Fred Lohman? You might see something you like.

https://www.Japanese-swords.com/pages/seppa.htm

The other option is to try and make some yourself. You could use Brass sheet (or Copper plate perhaps) from a Hobby dealer/shop and a set of needle files.. You then decide the thickness of the Seppa and this way, you would get the Seppa to 'fit' the Fuchi and Koiguchi as they are designed to.. File out the Nakago ana first to achieve a good fit (no rattles) and then finish the final size of the Seppa. Use a smooth finish on the mimi of the Seppa, if you can't achieve any other types.

Ford Halam had an excellent tutorial on You Tube for making Seppa. Fiddly, but rewarding. 

Attached is a photo of a koshirae of mine. These are gold foil and original (late Edo period) to the koshirae, but give you an idea of how Seppa should fit/ look on a koshirae..

IMG_2150.thumb.JPG.bf147b5b4dc24c7b894e4492e577e0ac.JPG

Good luck with your project.

Barrie.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived