Near Mint Condition - Umetada tsuba

Fuuten

Hello everyone,

Due to some ongoing financial troubles with the family and home I'm listing my last tsuba.

This tsuba is attributed to Umetada and has Tokubetsu Kicho origami from the NBTHK (dated Showa 51, 3rd month, 7th day or March 7th 1976). Apart from the interesting theme and backstory kind members of this forum informed me on, this tsuba although it has been mounted is in near mint condition. The original description when I purchased it years ago is as follows:

Nami makimono zu tsuba (wave and scroll)

Mumei (Umetada)

Shakudo-ji maru-gata

Ji-sukashi hirazogan

Measurements: 69,2 by 66,3 by 4,2 mm thick

The theme of this tsuba is the story of the Chinese strategist Zhang/Chang Liang and the immortal Huang Shigong when they met on a bridge. The scroll depicted is a scroll of military strategy. See picture below.

A tsuba of the same design is also found in the Boston Museum.

Asking price is $830,- or €700,- (more or less the same), + shipping

Payment can be made by paypal (friends and family)

Thanks for looking,

1620709278_UnsignedattributedtoUmetada.thumb.jpg.456a18725457313d5ee8b40a44f42933.jpg

box.thumb.jpg.574a5a1f367605269df44955857bfcad.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.2bf3c8fbe07166be2a94aef7ed0a6eab.jpg

Backstory.thumb.jpg.1f08ee3af05ee4e4806018c10ffa3f66.jpg

On 8/18/2020 at 5:20 AM, kissakai said:

I know it was said to be bad practice to praise something you are not buying

buttttt that is a beauty

How many warning points did I get?

Oh is that bad? I do this all the time :P 
Gorgeous indeed.  I like looking at things I can't afford and drooling a little

I think its just the opinion of a few that its bad practice but if you are genuinely just giving appreciation for an item and not being bias to help sales there is nothing wrong with it. Just my opinion.  Btw beautiful tsuba.

I'm sure the maker would appreciate the appreciation, and I'm guilty of admiring many items across these boards.

Happily for my the family, the dutch tax service gave me confirmation and the first payment on some mortgage related tax credit and this should've been given from the start of this year, now I seem to receive the same amount but spread over the 4 months remaining this year. If no one gets a spark from this specific piece, I'll keep it for myself (and call it a collection)👺✌️

Archived