Disappearance of post post numbers

Seems it was removed many years ago in the software. You can click on the share post icon and share or copy the link in numerous ways. But only topic, not individual post. 
Many said it wasn’t needed. But I liked it. 
Like many things, it may be available as a paid aftermarket plugin and I will check that out over the next few days. 

Bazaa, as an example, we were on 3.4.8 for many years, right up to “the end”

We have now skipped all subsequent versions and re-entered at 4.4. 
Massive change. If I receive the funds promised for the move etc, I can look at purchasing plugins. 

Just became aware that the little “share post” symbol top right of a post gives the link to that specific post and not the thread itself. 
So you still can easily share specific posts. Or even post them to FB or Twitter automatically. 
So no train smash. 

Ok...done.
You have your post numbers now. Note there is a small bug where the post number shows one less than it should until the post is reloaded once. But that won't be an issue I suspect.
Progress. Needed to source a private plugin.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..