Anyone know about or used an RIF declaration ?

Not so long ago i was in discussions about a purchase from the US to the UK.

The dealer stated that he will no longer use UPS because he was tired of having shipments returned, due to the fact that Royal mail finish off the delivery this side and can be a bit picky and unpredictable with regards weapons, even if antique.

More recently, he said he has done a deal with USPS and the good news is that they ship all the way to the destination. The catch though, is that anyone here importing from him must obtain an RIF declaration because thats is what USPS requires to do so. https://www.rifgroup.co.uk/about-us/

Sounds good, as it paves the way in advance.

Saying that though, appears to be a massive company that deals with huge amounts of cargo and established dealers here, maybe not want to deal with  one guy with a private purchase.

Thats the impression i got with my first phone call to this firm, since then ive had more luck and a gent there is looking into my enquiry.

They have their own customs warehouses in the UK etc

If anyone knows anything about this it would be good to hear, also, if i ever use them with some success, i will let you know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..