Translation on 2 tsubas in a book

terminus

9 hours ago, Surfson said:

The translations seem to be in the book, unless you are referring to the explanation at the bottom.  You might turn it right side up if so.

Oh I'm looking for the bottom explanation. Is there a way to orient the photos to right position? I upload them from my cellphone and when I use the compress it always screws up the image orientation. 

Haruaki Tsuba

The dragon rising to the heavens beyond the white snow-capped Mt. Fuji makes the clouds and draws the landscape that is spiralling on the ground. Carving in high relief (takabori) with gold inlay (kinzogan) of Mt. Fuji and the dragon, and distributing silver for the snow, sense of colour is abandoned.

Haruaki toured around Tohoku, produced works at destinations such as North Kanto and Hokuetsu, and left behind the names of those places. In the 4th year of Ansei (1857) he died at Echigo Shibata.

白雪を冠した富士を越えた天に昇る龍は、雲を越こし、地には波涛うずまく景を描いている。富士と龍を高彫して金象嵌、雪は銀色を配して色彩感覚も豊かである。

春明は東北を巡遊し、また北関東、北越などの旅先でも作品を造り、その地名を切銘したものが残されている。安政4年(1857)に越後新発田で没しいる。

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kyushukairu said:

Haruaki Tsuba

The dragon rising to the heavens beyond the white snow-capped Mt. Fuji makes the clouds and draws the landscape that is spiralling on the ground. Carving in high relief (takabori) with gold inlay (kinzogan) of Mt. Fuji and the dragon, and distributing silver for the snow, sense of colour is abandoned.

Haruaki toured around Tohoku, produced works at destinations such as North Kanto and Hokuetsu, and left behind the names of those places. In the 4th year of Ansei (1857) he died at Echigo Shibata.

白雪を冠した富士を越えた天に昇る龍は、雲を越こし、地には波涛うずまく景を描いている。富士と龍を高彫して金象嵌、雪は銀色を配して色彩感覚も豊かである。

春明は東北を巡遊し、また北関東、北越などの旅先でも作品を造り、その地名を切銘したものが残されている。安政4年(1857)に越後新発田で没しいる。

Thank you so much for the description Kyle! appreciate it.

Don't worry about the Sekibun page, I managed to translate some of it.

You are very welcome, Tony.
Here is the Japanese for the Sekibun tsuba (minus the three characters which are illegible), just in case there's anything else you were unsure of, or want to translate yourself. 

赤文の作は板鍔に高肉彫式で??を施すものと、片切彫とがあり、そのなか間の薄肉彫手法もみられ、図柄は動植物、昆虫?を取材して多岐にわたる。
この鍔は鋤出高彫手法の雄渾な作で、同工の代表的な逸品である。
赤文は桂野氏、越前国村上生まれる。江戸へ出て修業を積み、京にも遊学し、文政7年(1824)35歳で庄内藩酒井家の抱え工となり、鶴岡新町に住。明治8年(1875)87歳の長寿で没した。 

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..