NEW SOFTWARE and UPDATES

I think we are up and running.
This is NOT the final look or features. There are a ton of settings I need to fine tune.
But I like it a lot. Clean, fresh and intuitive. Looks great on mobile.
I have to lie back down after every 5 letters of typing...way too much pain. So I won't type much more here. I'll be working on it over the next few weeks. And in hospital. Last day tomorrow.

Play around. I think you'll like it

Brian

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Brian

Looks great and functions well.Thanks for all your hard work. Now take it easy, rest. Just think only a couple more days then no more pain. You'll be able to walk upright and not hunched over a cane like some I know.  ;-)

Rich S

Edit:  just noticed; time zone and signature when you feel up to it. Thanks

Lying in bed, and checking out the million options I need to get familiar with, one thing I can say is that this thing is SUPERB while browsing on mobile. 
I used to hate doing anything on the iPhone. But this is a pleasure. Really, really well set out. 

People are going to be able to sign up/login with their social media accounts too. And guests will be able to write a post, and it will then take them through the registration process before it submits the post. So much to do. 
“Best answer” another nice tool. When people ask a question, upvoting will highlight an answer as the best recommended overall answer.  

• Like 2

Brian the new system is not accepting my login. I use a password manager so there is no error there. Any suggestions? Barry Hennick

Hi Brian: I just checked and of the 103 people who were using NMB today 4 are registered users the rest are guests like me. I guess that they too could not login. Barry

Is there going to be a way to delete old images? Would free up server space. Just a thought.

Brain - Rest, no more messing with the board. It is working fine. Lots of time to tinker with it after you are well. Best wishes for a successful surgery.

I am unable to log in using my name and the password I've had for years.  I think I'm able to post this because I created a new account as Icant Getin.  I have run into so many dead ends; so very frustrating.  The procedures necessary to accomplish just this simple post were so needlessly complicated. Mark Jones has the same problem.  Can anyone set me straight?  If you send an email to grey at japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com I'll be sure to see it.

Thanks,  Grey Doffin

Still very glitchy, Refused to accept my username & password, so finally clicked on Recover Password, which locked the site for about an hour. Finally got the password changed, but it now doesn't show me as signed in, & the Izakaya is  off-limits. I'm almost afraid to log out!

Give it some time. The system is still running a lot of background processes and will be for a day or 2. I think a lot will solve themselves. I will be able to check most of the glitches when I am home after surgery. Some of them are just features I need to re-activate. 
those battling with logins, may help to delete cookies and log in again. Otherwise try a different browser. Finally, if you still battle, use the lost password reset option. 
Grey, your old account used a gmail email? 
Email me at brian (at) nihontomessageboard dot com and I can set a temp pass and get you going again. 

• Like 1

Grey, I merged your new account with your old one. Yes...I can do that with the new software. 
Btw, some of you used to login with an old display name even though you changed the name that displays now. 
Try to login with the current display name too. 
No need to panic. Just give it a day or 2 and we will solve all issues. 

Guys, I know there are glitches still. I am working on them. Worst case scenario, I get to them over the next week after I am home from the hospital.
I will give more pm space, and this is one of the things where tiers will have benefits.
Yes..it's always a good idea to delete old pm's.
Login issues are mainly from those who changed their display name a long time ago and are still using a login name that isn't the same as display name.
They should try using their display name to login, or alternatively their email address on file.

Other issues I am working on. For now, the advantages far outweigh the small issues.

• Like 1

Brian

Things are working OK. Go to bed and rest. DO NOT work on the forum while in hospital. Last time I had surgery, I was out for hours, woke up very groggy, seemed like in la-la land. Not sure what planet I was on. You don't want to accidentally delete the forum while in la-la land.  😩 Get well soon; we'll be just fine.

Remember, be kind to your nurses - they keep doctors from killing you!

Rich

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 7:32 AM, b.hennick said:

Brian the new system is not accepting my login. I use a password manager so there is no error there. Any suggestions? Barry Hennick

Hi Brian: I just checked and of the 103 people who were using NMB today 4 are registered users the rest are guests like me. I guess that they too could not login. Barry

I couldn't login 5 times then got a message, so I knew the site was live.  I changed my password and straight in though a profile request, so it seemed to treat me like a new user.  Of course, none of this is helpful for the folk who still can't get in.

BaZZa.

First of all great work on the new website and integration, virtually no big hiccups and there is a ton of extra features and content to play around with. 

Second, I agree with Chris, if possible a dark mode or different colour scheme option would be fantastic!

• Like 2