Litterature and good books on Japanese swords

Kubur

Hi Guys,

I had the bad idea to Google "good books on Japanese swords" and the amount of results/responses was a bit scary.

Do you have any recommendations for good books with a lot of pictures, a kind of top ten if you wish.

Thank you

Warmly

Kubur

If you do a quick search on this site you will find many suggestions. 

As a starting point I would take a look at Markus Sesko's website and blog it has a huge amount of information.

Regarding books the connoisseurs book of Japanese swords by Nagayama is a good reference to have but will take a little patience to start to get best use from it.

Also Markus' kantei books and other references are comprehensive and have a lot of very useful information.

• Like 1

Hi Kubur,

The Art of the Japanese Sword by Kaap & Yoshihara is very good at telling you, with tons of pictures, how Nihonto are made, polished, and mounted.  Out of stock on my site but you should be able to find a copy someplace.

https://www.japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com/store/books/b964-art-Japanese-sword-kapp-%26-yoshihara

Grey

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..