Mr. Hoppen sells some Swords

Hi all, here is his list:

Ko-Aoe NBTHK Juyo shinsa 2000, Katana in shirasaya, mumei,o-suriage, 76,6 cent.,early Kamakura period

40000€

Enju Juyo NBTHK, 41th shinsa 1995, Katana in shirasaya, mumei,o-suriage, 70,8 cent.middle to late Kamakura period

27500€

Sekishu Naotsuna NBTHK Juyo shinsa 1994, Katana in shirasaya, 71,6 cent. Tanobe sensei sayagaki, special masterwork chin chin cho cho, Nanbokucho period

38500€

Miike NBTHK Juyo, 11th shinsa from 1963, katana in shirasaya, Kanzan Sato sensei sayagaki, heirloom of the Shimazu family, o-suriage, 68,2 cent., Nanbokucho period

29500€

Bisho Osafune Motoshige NBTHK TH, sunnobi Tanto, signed and dated Feb. 1362, rare piece, Nanbokucho period

24500€

Yamato Hosho NBTHK Juyo, 36th shinsa, Tanto mumei in shirasaya, 26,3 cent., Tanobe sensei sayagaki, masterwork, chin chin cho cho, ubu nakago, early to mid Kamakura, mumei

25500€

Please contact Mr. Hoppen JoHo2019@t-online.de

Best

if someone is serious interested in ......get in contact with Mr.Hoppen.

If someone only want some pictures....there is a catalogue "Schwerter des Nihonto Club Deutschland" from Markus Sesko, published by "Books on Demand GmbH.

ISBN : 978-3-8423-3868-5

In this catalogue you find the swords.

Edit: the catalogue

• Like 1

I'm sure it discourages tire kickers, but there are lots of potential buyers that have many options for where to buy.  His site was very nice and it was possible to see that many of the swords are really great.  Buyers of expensive swords are just as much drawn in by good advertising as are buyers of inexpensive ones.

if someone is serious interested in ......get in contact with Mr.Hoppen.

If someone only want some pictures....there is a catalogue "Schwerter des Nihonto Club Deutschland" from Markus Sesko, published by "Books on Demand GmbH.

ISBN : 978-3-8423-3868-5

In this catalogue you find the swords.

Edit: the catalogue

Purchased a while ago Kindle version  :-)
But if I did not miss anything, the catalog contains only Sekishu Naotsuna and Sunnobi tanto Motoshige

Mr. Hoppen's response was:

Hi Ken,

thank you very much for Email;

Peter was a little bit fast with his posting, I can´t have photos at the moment.

I must searching for it, but I can send you a short list.

If you are intersting, please don´t hestitate for asking.

Best regards

Joachim 

Although Mr. Hoppen’s offer seems a little bit unprepared it’s worth to have patience while waiting for pictures.
All swords offered here are top-swords shown on several occasions at meetings.
Wish I had the money to buy only one of those.

BTW: There are two books published by the Nihonto Club Germany.
The first one contains the the Sekishu Naotsuna Katana and the Tantos by Hosho and Motoshige.
In the second Volume You find the Katanas by Ko-Aoe and Enju.

Only the Miike blade wasn't published in here.

Florian

• Like 3

Think this kind of swords have a special market. The low to medium swords will sell eyeryday. The Tokubetsu Juyo will sell on a quiet

market, but Mr. Hoppens swords need a middle class market, that broke away and did not recover soon.

So the really good Hoppen swords, IMO have to make it in the upper class or did not sell for the current prices. The cry for pics is not necessary for selling in this case.

Best

• Like 1

Hi all, Mr. Hoppen wants a confident dealing with his mails. He is going to prepare the sale items ( including pics) and will give a short notice when he finished the work. He did not post his work for the public, only for real interested people.

Best