Tsuba books

I have just added a companion volume to my book "Early Articles for Tsuba Study 1880-1923". The new book is called "Additional Early Articles for Tsuba Study". Both books are available from 'Barnes and Noble' book store at a little more affordable price than Amazon can match. As well as these two books, both volumes of "Public Domain Tsuba in the Metropolitan Museum of Art" can be found on the 'Barnes and Noble' site and likewise at a marginally cheaper cost than Amazon. They may be available cheaper on other sites depending on what companies are available in your country of origin.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/additional-early-articles-for-tsuba-study-various-contributors/1137345944?ean=9781715180881      222 Pages

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/early-articles-for-tsuba-study-1880-1923-enlarged-edition-various-contributors/1131587251?ean=9780368753015    339 Pages

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/public+domain+tsuba+in+the+Metropolitan+Museum?_requestid=4370779    Vol 1 - 474 Pages,   Vol 2 - 336 Pages

Please be advised that there are some scam sites Online 'selling' PDF versions of these books - they are fake and you will lose your money, none of these books are published in an electronic format. 

Regards Dale

post-3736-0-94720900-1595167987_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

B. Hennick

A selection of pages from "Additional Articles for Tsuba Study" 

The contents page displays only some of the articles contained, as the list is extensive.

There are a number of French and German translated articles including one partially shown. All illustrations are in B&W, being originally that way or sepia.

Also just listed on Abebooks.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30698515895&searchurl=kn%3DAdditional%2BArticles%2Bfor%2BTsuba%2BStudy%26sortby%3D17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-image1

post-3736-0-87611000-1595208484_thumb.jpg

post-3736-0-42987000-1595208511_thumb.jpg

post-3736-0-82281000-1595208523_thumb.jpg

post-3736-0-82114000-1595208539_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dale's Early article books are great, to have so many past published articles on Tsuba collated and presented in the way he has done it, is a pleasure. Brings another life to an otherwise forgotten article.

The 'Tsuba in the Metropolitan Museum of Art' books are great too, on a personal note, I have gripes with the the MET website (is another discussion), so to have a printed format is great, my wife has even flicked through them a few times too!

• Like 2

Stephen does not mention he was a great help in the layout and proofreading of this book - too modest!

We have never met and live 3,848 km from each other. For our American friends that is close to the same distance as Los Angeles to New York.

Thanks for the opportunity Dale, it was a privilege and a joy !

Barry & all

I just sent off an order for four soft cover books, that results in a cost of $28AU per book plus postage, for anyone interested in a much cheaper option than Amazon. This is a one off offer due to a special discount to me which will expire tonight my time. I expect the books to arrive within another week for anyone who wants a copy just let me know - no rush, as I say the books won't turn up for awhile.

Dale's Early article books are great, to have so many past published articles on Tsuba collated and presented in the way he has done it, is a pleasure. Brings another life to an otherwise forgotten article.

The 'Tsuba in the Metropolitan Museum of Art' books are great too, on a personal note, I have gripes with the the MET website (is another discussion), so to have a printed format is great, my wife has even flicked through them a few times too!

Totally agree. The MET has some amazing tsubas, but I wish their site was more like the MFA's gallery design. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..