Mauser C96 With SMR Railway Stamp?

Some pics with sources shown. Multiple images of Chinese soldiers using Mausers. SMR was in China, and the various railways had their own police/soldier guard units. So it's definitely within the realm of possiblities that one of the raiways (there were more than just SMR) stamped this weapon.

post-3487-0-30472600-1594918344_thumb.jpg

post-3487-0-41708900-1594918353_thumb.jpg

post-3487-0-87278300-1594918361_thumb.jpg

post-3487-0-09125100-1594918385_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

China bought, used and also made their own C96's in huge volumes. Imported a crate of old ones many years ago, everything from German Schnellfeuers to crude Chinese made ones.
Stands to reason some would be used by SMR and engraved as such.

• Like 1

very strange!

i have never ever seen this model ( in 8.-  9. - Flobert-  and 3.0 Mauser-//// with such carving-/-/ filing marks ever!

Also, i just do remark, for the original first 3 generations one, the Hammer is not authentic! ( latter ones are either not relevant...)

somehow ( very!) :) strange to my eyes...but yes? who knows...?

( i won´t buy or own it for shure!...it does rather look cinematic for me ? )

maybe a "Star Wars" cinematic weapon....worn by a Mandalorian,or a Stormtrooper !  LOL!

Christian

• 7 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 11:54 PM, Bruce Pennington said:

From a post on the Gunboards forum: https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1160751-South-Manchuria-Railway-pistols

Wondering if anyone knows of the Japanese using German Mausers during the war? The railway stamp COULD be South Manchurian Railway.

post-3487-0-06663900-1594914832_thumb.png

Bruce

Hers is a blueprint photo from Showa 12 year(1937)of an Electric locomotive for coal mine use, it has an SMR logo with an outer circle. Kind of like the mark on that C96.

WechatIMG1738.jpeg

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..