Can anyone tell me a little about my armor - Do.

Caracal

I can not find any signature where to look as it may be unclear.

When Do looks like this what can I do to get it restored and does it make any sense? I have several parts but they have fallen off due to age. Or just keep Do?

Is there any value in this Do with loose parts?

The paper in the background is a 1978 diploma (shodan) signed by Sensei Masatoshi Nakayama (中山 正 敏) Nakayama Masatoshi and Sensei Keinsuke Enoeda, Japan Karate Association - JKA.

Thanks for all the answers

post-5299-0-60316900-1594978819_thumb.jpg

In my eyes, this is a rare dou and of course worth restoring. It should be reunited with its kabuto and menpo to form a “matching set” at the end. The parts you have seems to be the kusazuri and the sode. Hard to tell whether complete or not....
Anyway, some meters of odoshi should solve most of the problems!

Re Rurisai-dou, Rurisai-gusoku. 瑠璃斎胴

The armourer who invented this kind of Gusoku is alleged to have been 瑠璃斎 Rurisai. Whereas there sometimes used to be a flapped pouch fitted to the dou or gesan/kusazuri, called a 鼻紙袋 Hanagami-bukuro (nose tissue pouch) or 前袋 Mae-bukuro (frontal pouch), this little door/shutter was a new evolution. 

It is said that your hand will find the foldover of your haori inside and the large knot tying the Hitatare bands, where you could fit useful things inside such as funeral expenses, a strip of 手拭 tenugui or a 厨子 Zushi portable Buddha shrine, or you could even even scratch your belly!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..