Is this the highest eBay "make me an offer" ever ?

I just found out (and I'm sure others did too) this very unusual auction from ericowazamono. One can get the lot for 1,5 million dollars. That's by a huge margin the highest auction I've ever seen on the site. I can count 18 swords on the pictures.

I was wondering if someone had some context about this massive sale. Is the seller suddenly stopping his activity ?

Eric knows his stuff. He's a careful and shrewd buyer.
I expect this is more of an advert for his business. Showing that he has stock. People looking would contact him directly. I doubt he is expecting the listing to sell. Just an "I'm still here, have lots of good stuff"
Just my guess and 2c.

• Like 8

Eric knows his stuff. He's a careful and shrewd buyer.

I expect this is more of an advert for his business. Showing that he has stock. People looking would contact him directly. I doubt he is expecting the listing to sell. Just an "I'm still here, have lots of good stuff"

Just my guess and 2c.

I see, thanks for the explanation. This completely makes sense.

He did me a good deal once, but not on Ebay.

Be careful with Ebay and emailing about deals, they watch. 

Got another this week, thats no2, jeez, they made £1000s out of me over the years

Activity on your account isn’t following policy: Offering to buy or sell outside of eBay policy

Hello i$$$$,
Activity on your account didn't follow our Offering to buy or sell outside of eBay policy. Offering to buy or sell outside of eBay, including sharing direct contact information prior to an eBay purchase, is not allowed.
What activity didn't follow the policy
Blah Blah Blah
  • Like 1

Francois, it is not uncommon for sellers to do this.  By putting a huge price and then "or best offer", their listing ends up on the top of the page if the buyer searches from most to least expensive.  I have seen this done with many different items, like collectible guitars.  

• Like 1

In regards to "is this the highest make an offer ever".  The highest bid I've personally seen is $7 Million for a kidney.  The auction was taken down shortly after because it violated Ebay's rules against selling body parts.  That was back in the early 2000's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..