Anyone Read the New Ohmura Book?

My very rough guess based on page count would be maybe $15k to translate the book from Japanese to English. At 243 pages, and translating 4 pages a day, I reckon it would take maybe 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks for proofreading and rewriting. 

The cost and time required will drop if there are a lot of illustrations, but I think this is offset by the increase in cost that comes from the nature of the specialized and technical vocabulary used. 

• Like 1

The thing is, do we have everything that's on his site? I mean, not reading Japanese, we may have overlooked some stuff. For example, I don’t think I’d  ever seen anything about the clay used For yakiire before last week.

It can probably be purchased from Amazon.jp, but I don’t have the Japanese abilities necessary to find it.

EDIT: 

There it is. I wanted to buy it as it’s quite cheap, but would have had to create a new account, so I gave up.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/真説“戦う日本刀”-“最高”と呼べる武器性能の探究-大村-紀征/dp/4814202571/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=大村刀&qid=1594151989&sr=8-1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..