signature help

As some of you may have seen I'm interested in getting a decent gunto with a mon.

This one came up on gunbroker, https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872315689.

There are very few pics and anticipate asking for more, I'm just curious about the signature if anybody can give me some description on it and if its correct. Any info on the smith would be appreciated. 

I don't want the tassel and obviously not looking to spend the asking price but he said he is willing to talk.

Any help is appreciated.

Wasn't sure if I was supposed to post this in the auction or military sword thread, move me if needed thanks.

Hi Mark,

The sword is signed "SHINANO (no) KAMI FUJI-WARA DAI-DO"   There were three generations, in Mino, that signed with the "shinano no kami" title, spanning from 1624 to 1716. 

You will need to do a lot more research to establish which generation this is, or if the signature is correct. The picture of the blade doesn't give us enough detail to establish the condition let alone the detail of the hamon and other important features.

Tom M.

Yeah I offered even less than you so he's probably not going to like my offer at all.

And my offer was pending better photos.

No harm done though, I was making offer based off of how much I was willing to pay for what I want and not what he thinks it's worth.

Thanks for the help

I have looked at this before and even made an offer on ebay, 4k is wayyyyyy overpriced considering the condition. My offer was around half of what he's asking.

Yeah he wouldn't take less than 3,500 and I even mentioned there is one sold in full polish and with nbthk for less than 5k not too long ago, bringing that sword back in full polish would be more than than 1,500 hundred imho. It's his sword and he can do what he wants with it, I just hope it doesn't get neglected.

I also noticed there are several swords with the same name but are made by different family members/generation and the quality changes drastically

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..