Jim Jarmusch’s Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai

Bazza

Is cinema a traditional Japanese Art???  I can't answer the question, but I put this news here for the aficionados of cinema.

From The Criterion Collection newsletter just in today

newsletter@news.criterion.com 26/6/20 04:02  

> Our popular Q&A series with director Jim Jarmusch is back!
>
> We are currently working on the special edition of Jarmusch’s Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, which will feature

> a new 4K restoration, and we’re wondering if you have any questions you would like answered about the film.

BaZZa.

• Like 2

> We are currently working on the special edition of Jarmusch’s Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, which will feature

> a new 4K restoration, and we’re wondering if you have any questions you would like answered about the film.

I don‘t - still mourning the loss of time that was the result of watching that movie after its release. Not art, and definitely not Japanese.

What‘s next? A 4K restoration of “Blue Lagoon”? Can’t wait ...

• 3 weeks later...

There was a movie named Kikujiro that I watched in High School and its the movie that made me want to go to Japan and study. It also has a song in it that I always listen to when I have to make a big decision in life.

I remember watching Ghost Dog and enjoyed it. I have a soft spot for Forrest Whittaker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..