Okada Masatoyo

Surfson

Well seeing this one, I might reconsider.

The last few days I think nearly all museums, nearly every institution with a public profile in the Netherlands have been buckling to the pressure from groups tearing down statues.

rant...

Not to turn this in a political reply but I have no idea what the hell is happening here nowadays seems i lost touch with reality? :bang:  :doubt: 

The one that I bought on ebay that started this thread doesn't state the province, but it is clearly the same as the Bushu man, and I found an example in the kinko meikan as well.  I am posting here a photo of the listing on page 414. 

post-620-0-60997000-1593268245_thumb.png

Mr. Robert

Of course, I do not deny that it is Bushu. 

"There are also examples in which Choshu Tsuba maker was made in Edo, or conversely, by the Ito school in Nagato," the link says.

Until you uploaded the image from the cyclopedia, I thought it would be an interesting research source.

Yas

Well, it is still interesting to me Yas.  I quite like this work, and the work of the Ito, Choshu, Bushu schools.  I need to learn more about where they worked as well as how they are related.  Did one of the schools branch from the other?  By the way, it appears that your identifier logo is upside down!  Cheers, Bob

Both Bushu and Choshu needed cash income to buy weapons. Production of Tuba is one of the means. 

The technical exchange between the two countries, which will later compete in the civil war, is interesting.

Those who are interested in Japanese Sword Fittings will come to know Chinese culture.

"Fu dao la" that is upside down is a lucky mark that has been around in China for a long time.

regards Yas

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..