Attribution of some Tsuba

TheGermanBastard

Luis,

You will have to keep waiting for someone with more knowledge, but please let me say that I LIKE the third tsuba in your first post. It is signed Heian jo-ju SADA....

maybe Sadayoshi.

To me this looks like an evolved bilobe style guard Namban.

Nice guard! Thanks for sharing

Peter

Picture Tsu6.2.jpg i would say ounin zogan 16th. The waterwheel is incredible too. Someone who collect these tsuba knows what he has bought. Congratulation Luis.

I will go with Peter, i think its correct described.

@ Peter and Christoph: Thank you for your thoughts

@ Bob: Thank you. You mean tsu1.xxx.jpg is a Tempo? I can see where you are coming from however I'm not sure on this one. The iron is strange with a redish texture.

I think it is safe to say the water wheel is Heianjo and tsu5...jpg is bushu /choshu.

What for example about tsu9 and tsu11 ?

I wonder wha 9, 10 and 11 might be? 11 looks old to me. Maybe Ko Umetada?

As a site note I was seeking oppinions also on FB and must say that it is shocking what "alternative facts" fundamentals I have been confronted with. The alternate reality was that these are all fakes, or that they are so inferior tzhat you can not tell a school on them and I should buy books and stop buying on eBay. Oh well ... (they are not coming off eBay by the way - but for one)

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Myochin (utsushi) Hachiman (dove) available for purchase?

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately not at thus time. I was just looking for some information / oppinions on these Tsuba.

I'm still interested in hearing what school / age people would give on the Tsuba in post number 4 http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/32437-attribution-of-some-tsuba/?do=findComment&comment=335077

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..