Koi ! Do you have them?

Stephen

Some Koi have been reported to have lived in Samurai time. Some can fetch the cost of Jyuo blades.

Please take time to share yours, they cant be any more humble that mine.

My puddle at four hundred gal. I plan to expand. Posting better pic later my koi. Mom n Dad and the two babies born last year. In the process of learning name types.

Love to see yours post-19-0-16021200-1592730338_thumb.jpgpost-19-0-96243700-1592730680_thumb.jpgpost-19-0-00597500-1592730778_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nice Stephen! I have only two Koi (yellow and black, like yours, and black and red) and about 80 goldfish (some red, black, yellow and yellow and red). My eldest goldfish sadly died three weeks ago. He was 22.

• Like 5

Two friends, one in the UK and one in Japan lost all their Koi to Koi herpesvirus some years ago. Both filled in their ponds.

Up the road from here is a classic car dealer with a large plot of land, comprising showroom and workshop/garage, and three restaurants. He also has a decent sized Koi lake, rumoured to be filled with Juyo varieties. @$100,000 +/-, I heard.

• Like 1

Looking forward to them Alex

Yes, but its finding the time to do it. Ive had a few guys round for prices but they seem expensive.

If you read online and talk to people you get conflicting opinions on filters etc, some say you need a bottom drain and others don't.

I don't want to go huge, just big enough for 4 or 5 , maybe 3 x 3 x 1 metre deep (to avoid predators)

Whats your plans Stephen ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..