Did anyone here win this auction?

First, the papers could be fake or genuine depending on the expert and his imprecise opinion, and they are just that, opinions. It may well be a DECENT blade, but it doesn't make it sho-shin. Would you care to show the whole blade to support this claim. It will decide whether good or bad. It just seems to be off the mark, IMHO. By the way check out his other good swords on Ebay.  Thank you.

Tom D.

Tom, I have to disagree with you about this sword.  As Ray implies, it has NBTHK papers.  As the photos show, it is healthy and in a good state of polish.  It also has very nice hada and hamon.  As to his other swords, yea, some are junk, but I would love to see in hand the one made for the emperor by Akihide.  Although it does have a high price, it wouldn't surprise me if it is genuine.  

• Like 1

Lo and Behold!  Aoi  has a nice Nobuyoshi with (yasuri) papers as we speak.  As for the Akihide made for the Emperor, it is preposterously too gaudy.  The Emperor apparently wisely declined acceptance.  However, the Itomaki no tachi koshirae is good, and worth more then the blade. Thank you all, and good night.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..