I like this but...

I like this katana... but am fairly certain it is gimei... That doesn't necessarily bother me too much. However, I also kind of think it might not be a true nihonto at all.  Maybe a modern Korean or Chinese knock off. In which case, I'm not really that interested in it.  The grain pattern and polish don't necessarily look super fake to me (for what I assume is a recently polished blade,) but the hamon looks a bit too perfect and the nakago almost looks falsely aged(?)

Reminds me (stylistically at least) of some of the more "expensive" Chinese manufactured katana's (ex: ebay's GLW sword,) but with a false aged nakago and shirasaya mount instead of the normal koshirae they are typically seen with. 

Any thoughts?

post-5209-0-31871700-1590962737_thumb.jpg

post-5209-0-66188800-1590962746_thumb.jpg

post-5209-0-29830900-1590962755_thumb.jpg

I agree with Ken.  It is purporting to be a Yokoyama Bizen Sukesada.  The blade looks appealing.  I didn't study the mei, but do believe that it is a genuine samurai sword made during late Edo most likely.  

Thank you for your help! I guess I am just perpetually skeptical, but the consensus seems to be that it is truly nihonto, though probably gimei.  

I think I will try to get it, unless the auction goes too high. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..