A sword fit for an emperor?

I came across this auction and thought it was interesting. I assume plenty of swords from smiths were presented to the Emperor. Might make for an interesting topic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Katana-made-for-Emperor-Hirohito-by-master-sword-smith-Akihide-NBTHK-paper/254594531672?hash=item3b47044158:g:37MAAOSwrHheufYh

• Like 3

Pfuuuu! Chinese repro!

No, seriously, truly outstanding! You can even see the Hada on those small pictures. Not my kind of swords, As I prefer simple things, and anyway don’t have that kind of money, but that is a magnificent piece of art.

• Like 1

Not my forte of sword. The only comment is why on earth you would sell anything that valuable on fleabay? If he sent the sword, the buyer went into the yard and chopped some wood and watermelons with it, then returned it, he'd have zero recourse. They always side with the buyer.

Better to go to a good site on commission or sell privately?

• Like 2

Not my forte of sword. The only comment is why on earth you would sell anything that valuable on fleabay? If he sent the sword, the buyer went into the yard and chopped some wood and watermelons with it, then returned it, he'd have zero recourse. They always side with the buyer.

Better to go to a good site on commission or sell privately?

My puzzlement as well - Really? That valuable an item on ebay???

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..