Mainly tsuba from Norwegian national museum

raynor

A list of tsuba and a few fuchi kashira from the up and coming digitization of the new Norwegian national museum collection. The popup just states that the site is in beta. Google translate might be handy.

The photographs can be enlarged by clicking on them and then further zoomed onto details at wish.

• Like 5

Thanks for posting - some very nice pieces.  

Yes, that iron/soft metal composite one is wonderful, though I felt a little sad for that carp about to eat a hornet.  I wonder if it is a "killer hornet"?  

Thanks for posting - some very nice pieces.  

Yes, that iron/soft metal composite one is wonderful, though I felt a little sad for that carp about to eat a hornet.  I wonder if it is a "killer hornet"?  

I think the carp will be fine, not the hornet though lol. Btw isn't that a famous Natsuo peace? 

Being able to zoom in like that is brilliant.

When one's eyes age, then often enough displays in museums etc( not always well lit ) can be a big disappointment.

The fading of eyesight is a problem for those who enjoy the wonderful workmanship that our tsuba artists produced. There were some great ones posted here today.

Roger d

I always take a small flashlight with me. They help a lot when looking at swords or fitings. I also have somethings that has a fold down seat that looks somewhat like a cane. You can sit down and look for a long time and use your flashlight to highlight things. Some museums do not like it. Most do not mind as long as you don't keep the light on for a long time.

post-40-0-05715200-1589761667_thumb.png

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..