Late Stage NCO with little history

vajo

By making my collection catalogue i found some notice about research of one of my swords.

Maybe it is interesting so i will show it.

post-3496-0-08436200-1589543134_thumb.jpg

The sword is a late stage NCO Type 95 stamped from the nagoya arsenal and No. 202817.

I bought it in 2017 over a german fleemarket dhd24. The sword was in possesion of Mr. Metz from Werl and was sold by his daughter after he died. She said he won it from poker game with US Soldiers in the 70's. and it was the only sword he had. She said she hate that thing since she was a young girl and is happy to give it away.

On the Kojiri i found a No. 30118947 0.

Over the site wwii-enlistment.com i found out the No. is an Identification-tag of PFC (Private first class) Richard W. Young (i learned that the last No. 0 was the blood group) who served at the USAAF in WW2. He was born 1926 and passed away in 2013. The same name is found on the Miramar National Cementary (maybe that is a coincidence).

It is the only sword which i have with a wartime story. It is sad that i have not the full history how he came to the sword. 

• Like 8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..