STUNNING VINCENT RICKARDS BURR ? WALNUT EXHIBITION Sword SHOWCASE.

daishobohi

A portion On this sale goes to the NIHONTO MESSAGE BOARD STUNNING    WALNUT EXHIBITION Sword SHOWCASE. These Cost 20K to 25k Brand new And take over 9 months to make 

Size: 
Approx 46 x 15 1/2 x 4 inches.
Looks Like A Vincent Rickards  is well known in rare gun circles for producing custom built cases and cabinets of the very highest quality often with rare specimen woods and materials, The Company has has produced pieces that now display the worlds very finest sword  collections, past clients include Holland & Holland (his case display the famous Broadlands and American Cival War Set), Many of the cases now hold the worlds rarest swords .
The Case is fitted with gold coloured closures, the handles are fitted with protective covers.

The Interior is unfitted and blank ready to be customised to your own specifications, suitable for  important swords .    Price is $15,000

Thank you for looking Yitzy  Email  yitz   81   at     yahoo     .    c   o  m 

post-337-0-78006800-1589348093_thumb.jpgpost-337-0-09251000-1589348087_thumb.jpgpost-337-0-81106200-1589348124_thumb.jpgpost-337-0-63977900-1589348145_thumb.jpgpost-337-0-42546900-1589348157_thumb.jpgpost-337-0-03205800-1589348170_thumb.jpg

Normally, I wouldn't allow anyone to comment on pricing of a sale here.
But since this is actually a gun case, and since it took me literally 30 seconds to pull up that auction myself, I have to ask Yitzy....seriously?? :-? :-? :-?

Oh, and BTW..when copying a description, it is fairly obvious there is no such thing as BURR WALNUT.
That is clearly meant to be BURL

Normally, I wouldn't allow anyone to comment on pricing of a sale here.

But since this is actually a gun case, and since it took me literally 30 seconds to pull up that auction myself, I have to ask Yitzy....seriously?? :-? :-? :-?

Oh, and BTW..when copying a description, it is fairly obvious there is no such thing as BURR WALNUT.

That is clearly meant to be BURL

It depends on whether you are using US or UK English - burr walnut is the UK equivalent of burl walnut. Maybe Yitzy held on the zero key too long?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burl

• Like 1

You all need to really get a life 

Yes this sold to me at a ridiculously low price you all dont really  have any knowledge on these cases,    they are Like a  juyo sword the best the top of the line  of cases if you read above  they cost 20 to 25k To make    $15,000 is a fair price for one of these but since i paid what i paid  you want it for my price or something closer ?  You all have to much time on your hand 

Complaining  like a bunch of old ladies    No wonder this message board is losing traction

The seller can put any price he/she wants on an item. The final selling price is between seller and buyer. If you don't like the price, don't buy it or make the seller an offer. We have seen many items go unsold on NMB. Money is tight and sellers who do sell give good value for money spent. 

• Like 4

If I bought a good copper handle NCO for $200, you can bet I'd be shamelessly selling it at $6,000!*

Sometimes it takes a middleman to recognise the value of an item. You pay for that recognition. It is a gorgeous looking piece of timber, but I know nothing about its worth.

*wouldn't happen because I'd not sell it!

• Like 4

Deleted more irrelevant posts.
As mentioned, a seller does have every right to ask what he wants. As do we to make sure our members buy with full knowledge. A buyer who wasn't aware of the auction would soon come back here and accuse us of not protecting our members.
Now...to the case. It's true that a person would pay about $20K for once off custom case. That is made to the buyers taste and preference. The fact is that the secondary market is terrible for stuff like this. Since the next buyer doesn't want your choice of size, weight and fittings. If someone can pay $15K for a custom case, you don't think he'll add a bit more and have one made to his preferences?
Now you have an unfinished case. No interior. You can't buy it and just add foam or felt. A $50 interior to a $15K case? So you need someone like Rikards to fit the interior. Boom...another $5k. More than a new one.
And you will always have a gun case, with a sword inside. This is not a sword case. What are you going to do with a 20kg sword case? It's not even a display case. Just a storage one.
So really, if you want to climb that high horse, be prepared for facts to be given back to you.
Second hand value on a high end case is less than half the new price.
Why don't you ask Mr Rickards to offer it for sale on his site and split the sale with you? A customer can then have it outfitted at the same time. It would likely go to someone with a Purdey or H&H. Where it belongs.

Btw - You'd have more sympathy from me perhaps, if your last 6 or 7 posts in the last 10 years weren't purely an item for sale. Nothing else.
Way to give back to the community.

• Like 19

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..