Kinko tsuba with light cleaning

jason_mazzy

Maybe, I know it was verdigris and it was in that condition. It was not shiny either but green and white which looked like corrupted ibota wax to me. Appears to be much patina in the scales and the rim. I'm looking for help and opinions so keep them coming, perhaps this may need a professional restoration.

Jason,

How much does it weigh??

Not too long ago I got a "brass" and iron tsuba where the "brass" assayed out to 10-14 Karat gold (I'd assume it was ~10Karat - I touched the gold "cup" in the nakago ana as it had already been filed somewhat recently there to avoid damaging old surface/so it could not have been iroe) - and it actually had little bits corrosion here and there on the gold (see images) - maybe it was the solder they used to put it together or something, but...

https://www.facebook.com/266005023454853/photos/a.2437657022956298/2437661219622545/?type=3&theater

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

Jason,

How much does it weigh??

Not too long ago I got a "brass" and iron tsuba where the "brass" assayed out to 10-14 Karat gold (I'd assume it was ~10Karat - I touched the gold "cup" in the nakago ana as it had already been filed somewhat recently there to avoid damaging old surface/so it could not have been iroe) - and it actually had little bits corrosion here and there on the gold (see images) - maybe it was the solder they used to put it together or something, but...

https://www.facebook.com/266005023454853/photos/a.2437657022956298/2437661219622545/?type=3&theater

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

I have not weighed it yet as I recently moved and have no idea where my jewelry stuff is. I'll tell you it is quite heavy to my hand however so is good brass.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..