named Japanese blade

Thaitom

does anyone know anything about this blade and maybe a smith or age? ive been told this is an old blade and a rare vlade as it is a named blade. i have just purchased thos blade, hope i made a good find. how ever i have heard this bame is unusual for a sword, its called "Lighting". sharp straught blade iron tsuba with what looks like gold inlay. im guessing its like a plum tree design, unsigned. it has a silver foil havaki the os starting to peel at the base, with a rain drop pattern. it has 6 seppas the 2 that touches the tsuba is gold foiled and is peeling at the base under the havaki. the other 4 are what looks like vrassish and dark in color. tge handle wrap is supposedly all original and the saya is origibal, but the cord on it is loose and maybe not original. was told this is an estate find and was a vet bring back. it was brought back in its original silk bag what do you all think

Yes, almost surely Shinto. I hope it wasn't you who cleaned one side of the nakago! At least the other side shows some age. All that 6 seppa means, is that the components weren't made to be assembled together.

Also, unless Thaitom is your name, please post your first name on all posts, so we know how to address you, per Brian's rules.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..