Display cases

kissakai

Hi

I couldn't find the original post where someone suggested these 'see through' display cases

I ordered one as the total price was only £2.46, that's cheap and only took a week or so to be delivered

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Jewelry-Suspended-Coins-Floating-Display-Case-Stand-Holder-Box-Easy-Use/401583769951?var=671323075232&hash=item5d8042095f:m:mLoRTm8z-VjALYsfobIU2Ow

I bought the 90 x 90 size this will hold a 70mm dia tsuba

What I didn't realise that it is ideal for my menuki

It will also take a fuchi/kashira set but that pushing the clear film (it is sandwiched between two sheets)

post-2100-0-11413400-1588693805_thumb.jpg post-2100-0-97211100-1588693815_thumb.jpg post-2100-0-45508400-1588693823_thumb.jpg

I'd be interested in your views bearing in mind I wouldn't use it for something precious and I use antique wax as a coating for most of my items

• Like 1

I am glad someone has tried these cases out, since my post back on the 12th April. As I said at the time I have had several items displayed for about 4-5 years with no damage. I don't collect Fuchi/kashira but they look good displayed this way and you get a full view both sides - next step they need to come up with a magnifying screen for the smaller items  :)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clear-Jewelry-Suspended-Coins-Floating-Display-Case-Stand-Holder-Box-Easy-Use/133196048734?var=432540555804&hash=item1f031a695e:g:jAkAAOSwl3xb0BhQ

They do slightly larger cases than the 90 x 90, and shop around as these sites can vary in price week by week.

I agree, Briaan. Very flexible, & unlikely to tear. The only thing you need to be careful of is size.

The one I bought for my tsuba is too small, & the one for my kozuka is too large - my problem, not theirs.

I'm buying more of them, as I like the way they look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..