NBTHK Shijo Kantei on-line

Dear all,

Recently, the NBTHK announced on their website that, due to Corona, the shipment of the monthly Token Bijutsu magazine to overseas members will be seriously delayed.  For those members who like to participate in the monthly kantei exercise this would raise a small problem, as you have to submit your answer before the 5th of the following month.

However, to my pleasant surprise I noticed that the NBTHK now offers the possibility to submit your answer electronically:

https://www.touken.or.jp/english/nbthk/swordjounal_April.html

You can download the oshigata, read the description and then fill in your membership details and answer, and hit the submit button :)  No need anymore to fill in the answer card (which is presented in Japanese) and attach a stamp.

So as taking part in the Shijo Kantei is now easier than ever, I would like to encourage all NBTHK members to try and participate.  I know this paper form of kantei can not be compared to the real live experience, but it's still a nice exercise, which forces you to think about the details of a certain blade and hit the books.

It would be very nice to see a large response of the non-Japanese members.  That way it could maybe motivate the NBTHK to keep this system up and running even after Corona.

• Like 3

I encourage all NBTHK members to submit an answer to this.  Enthusiastic participation is the only thing that will generate a motivation to retain it as a regular medium for access to education.  

In the past, I've heard objections about how difficult it is to navigate to and retrieve the transation, figure out what info goes where on the post card to submit an answer, get the right postage on the card, mail it. 

How much easier does it get?  Submit your answers folks.  Your willingness to respond and participate in the effort the Honbu has made to reach out to it's member in a difficult time will show them that these kinds of improvements are valued, effective, and efficient means of communicatig and learning.

It's my feeling that if members don't show their appreciation and support by participating in this exercise, then they aren't entitled to complain about not having more on-line access in the future. 

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear Members of the NBTHK ,

I hope everyone is still  healthy and had a nice Christmas, even under this unhappy circumstances. 

Please don't forget to send an answer to the last , in my opinion enjoyable, shijo kantei !

I had send my answer this morning. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..